Health Benefits of Tea Drinking
Following are some Chinese tradition claims about the relationship between health and tea drinking. Nothing on this page should be construed as authoritative medical advice to disregard your physician's advice. Tea drinking is reputed to:
- Increase blood flow to all parts of the body.
- Stimulate clear thinking and mental alertness.
- Speed the elimination of alcohol and other harmful substances (fats
and nicotine, for example) from the bodily organs.
- Increase the body's power of resistance to a wide range of diseases.
- Accelerate the metabolism and the intake of oxygen by the bodily
- Prevent tooth decay.
- Have a cleansing and invigorating effect upon the skin, which
assists in the preservation of a youthful appearance.
- Prevent or slow down the onset of anemia.
- Clear the urine and facilitate its flow.
- Benefit and brighten the eyes.
- Combat the effects of summer heat.
- Assist the digestion.
- Ease discomfort in the limbs and joints.
- Decrease harmful secretions of mucus.
- Assuage thirst.
- Banish fatigue, raise the spirits and induce a general feeling of
- Prolong the life span of the individual.